Subject: Re: Draco Demostration
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 19:47:46 -0500

Here's an interesting piece of mail that Robert Cohen just sent to me...I 
think it's definitely worth passing on.

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Robert Cohen wrote:

> Got this offa comp.sys.amiga.graphics.  If you think that it is not off topic
> in Lightwave, please post it...

> >Hallo everybody,
> 
> >I have seen a Draco demonstration at our Amiga club and it was wonderful.
> >Such a speed (060) voor graphics Like unpackig a jpeg picture is realy
> >incredible so fast. It is because the Draco direct slots. The where showing
> >it with V-Lab motion (in zorro II). Also the Altais Graphics card is
> >extremely fast. The were running CyberGraphics.
> 
> >And LightWave 3.5 was running smoothley.
> >The render speed was not so fast (normal for a 060) The Texture Example iin
> >Med Res an Low Antialaising 4 min 2 sec. My one A4000 with Warp Engine 4040
> >the speed is 5 min 47 sec. That is not such a speed booth. But comming from
> >(I belief from Macro System Germany) is a DEC Alhpa coprocessor and this
> >incrediable device does also come's for the Amiga with Zorro III slots. The
> >speed for the DEC Alpha in a Raptor 3 machine at 266 Mhz. (Lightwave texture
> >example) 6 sec!!!!!!!
> 
> >Sjoerd de Vries